- .Lamarck, Jean
Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet de
Naturalist. Early evolutionary theorist, proposed a teleological
method of evolutionary change summarized as "inheritance of acquired
characters". Author of "Encyclopedie methodique: Botanique" (1783-1808)
and "Philosophie Zooligique" (1809).
- [?-] TAE. Liked to answer questions about
his posts with other questions or completely non sequitur responses.
Pinning down Darius on a question was about as easy as nailing jelly to
- [?-] Geologist. Participant in the Science echo
and the Holysmoke echo.
- .Lerner, Asia
- [?-] T.o. regular.
- [?-] T.o. regular.
- [?-] Biologist, SciCre-ist. Eastern regional
representative of the ICR. Author
of "Natural Limits of Biological Change (19??). Participant on the
- .Levchenko, Vladimir
- [?-] Author of file on "Simulation of evolutionary
- [?-] Author of file on "Speciation".
Multiple requests from the compiler to get an email of the mentioned
"huge database of [speciation] references" have not netted so much as a
- [?-] Debate exists over whether Limbaugh, noted
radio personality, is a
- [?-] SciCre-ist. Associate Professor of
Science Education at the ICR,
- .Linneaus, Carolus (Latin form of Carl
- [1707-1778] Taxonomist. Proposed and
developed the binomial system of nomenclature still in use today. Had
a firm belief in the fixity of species. Author of "Systema Naturae per
Regnae Tria Naturae" (1758-1759).
- [1965-] Philosopher (B.A., ASU; M.A., ABD,
Univ. of Arizona), t.o. regular. Frequent contributor to
Creation/Evolution and _Skeptic_; author, co-author, or
contributor to t.o. FAQs on the "Noah's Ark Hoax", "Lucy's Knee Joint",
"Evolution and Racism", and "Phillip Johnson". WWW
Administrator for Primenet (10/1994:
- [?-] SciCre
-ist. Proclaimed on t.o. that he would provide a scientific theory of
creation. Six months later, he admitted that the task was beyond his
- [?-] SciCre-ist. Chair of the Biology
department at the ICR.
- .Lyell, Sir
- [1797-1875] Geologist. One of the principal
architects and proponents of the uniformitarian view. Charles Darwin viewed Lyell as
a mentor and friend over much of his career.
- [1898-1976] Polemicist. Proponent
of Michurianism, an officially sanctioned Soviet variant of Lamarckism.
Due to Lysenko's efforts, many real geneticists were sent to the gulags
or simply disappeared from the USSR.